Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Forgive me if there is another post on this (I couldn’t find it).

I have my Pi working a treat, loving it.

BUT In MAME my PS3 controller isn’t detected. I use the TAB – INPUT GENERAL option – press enter but when I click on a PS3 button NO response.

This controller works a dream in emulation station UI AND other emulators.

I understand MAME uses something other than RetroArch so could anyone advise hiow to fix Ironically it USED to work a dream on MAME, I do not remember changing anything.

Help is welcomed.

dankcushions
    Participant

depends what mame emulator you are using. there are several. the wiki shows you where the configuration files are for each: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/MAME

a quicker way might be to switch to a libretro (retroarch) emulator for mame. eg, if you are currently using mame4all-pi, you could switch to lr-imame4all which is retroarch (so will be automatically configured), and also runs on the same romset so should work much the same way. you switch default emulators via: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/runcommand

slighty
    Participant

That is great I wasn’t aware of this… thank you.

I managed to swap emulators thanks to your advice (thanks) and the Playstation controlled detected logo came up

But suddenly the keyboard didn’t work and the “insert coin” was still assigned to key 5 on the keyboard so I wasn’t able to add credit (key 5) or access a game (key 1) – how might i associate these to PSx buttons?

Cheers again

dankcushions
    Participant

i think this video should cover what you need :)

slighty
    Participant

Cheers DankCushions

But when I run the config file there isn’t a ” edit hotkeys” option – I am running RetroPi 3+

I is proper frustrating as the thing is running PERFECT other than this.

I had a previous img and set the insert coin/start game to the L1 & L2 buttons. However I re-imaged (larger SD card) and now MAME will not recognise the pS3 controller at all !!

Pain in the a***

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.