Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Basic Info.
    – Computer used: Macbook OSX El Capitan
    – Version = Pi 2 Model B
    – Built from = Emulation Station link to this site’ main page
    – USB Devices: keyboard and mouse
    – Guide used:
    – Code entered from the You Tube link was: sudo bs=1m if=/Users/myusername/desktop/retropie-v3.2.1-rpi2.img of=/dev/disk2
    – The error message that happened when entering the code in the Terminal program was: usage: sudo -h | -K | -k | -L | -V
    usage: sudo -v [-AknS] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user name|#uid]
    usage: sudo -l[l] [-AknS] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-U user name] [-u
    user name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [command]
    usage: sudo [-AbEHknPS] [-C fd] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user
    name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [VAR=value] [-i|-s] [<command>]
    usage: sudo -e [-AknS] [-C fd] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user
    name|#uid] file …
    – I’ll also say that I got other error messages that were simpler than this I just didn’t wrote them down at the time and found this forum later on, it seems like I never get the same message twice and if I did I’m just too irritated to remember right now
    – Previous RetroPie and programming experience: ZERO

– My question is: Does anyone know how to complete the install process and get the “Retropie/Emulation Station” file formatted onto the SD Card. I’m really new to all this and thought this would be a good starter project. It seems like all I need is the last bit of code and I can put the SD Card into the PI and use it…finally.

nothing-safe
    Participant

The link to the guide I used was :

It’s just not my day today.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was having the same problems on my mac, download a program called applepi-baker, zero terminal needed, so easy a caveman can do it

nothing-safe
    Participant

Thanks for the help adid4s. This worked perfectly for both the Pie and my Caveman brain.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No problem, just in case you need it programs I use to move roms over are filezilla, or cyberduck, unless you’re gonna do the USB method

ronoh55
    Participant

Apple-pi Baker is an amazing program for burning SD images on the mac. Glad you got everything running!

To give you a more concrete answer to the original question though. That error is telling you the syntax is wrong. Something in your line of code isn’t being recognized so it’s trying to tell you how to use “sudo”.

From my limited knowledge of programming I think it’s just missing the “-” in front of bs=1m so it should have been sudo -bs=1m ...

Just a bit of future knowledge because you very possibly will run into that sort of error again. Again glad you are up and running with apple-pi baker!

gonzothegreat
    Participant

I’d suggest using FileZilla, as cyberduck is extremely resource hungry!

ronoh55
    Participant

Or you can just use the built in Samba to move roms over. Idk how it is for speed vs filezilla though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.