Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

If LXDE were added to emulationstation would you prefer it to be launched directly as its own system on the main carousel or under the ports menu?

lilbud
    Participant

As its own system

But if this were to happen, will it be the jessie desktop or the lxde installed from terminal?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it should be in the RetroPie menu of Emulationstation. Doesn’t need to be its own system. But I’d add the vote for the Raspbian version, not the generic LXDE.

herbfargus

I don’t know if there is a package for a “raspbian version” I’ve only ever used lxde installed with apt-get. retropie can be easily installed on top of the Raspbian image if people want that flavour.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t you miss out on a few features with a manual install? Like the quieter boot and disabled screen blanking?

herbfargus

Those changes are easy enough to do manually (most info is on the FAQ on the wiki and actually it has more info to make the boot even quieter so there is no text at all or raspberries…)

and to amend my previous statement I guess there is a package for the raspbian version of LXDE (you install it after you’ve installed lxde), its raspberrypi-ui-mods so that’s easy enough to install with it and shouldn’t be a problem.

It complains when launching that there is no session for PID XXXX which is referencing lxpolkit but this post shows how to easily remove that annoyance: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=100118 I dont think it actually causes any problems. or you can just install the dependency: policykit-1 which also fixes that issue. Preliminary module for my own reference, test at your own risk http://pastebin.com/mJJik7p6

robertybob
    Participant

Own system , definitely.

shoothere
    Participant

Own system, I assume it can be hidden like every other system?

Omnija
    Participant

Should be under “ports” or if someone is willing to modify ES to add it to the menu.

herbfargus

Rookervik has already created a desktop theme for the default carbon theme, so that isnt any issue.

But I think I’ll leave it under ports for starters just for simplification especially considering the amount of systems retropie already has along with the limitations of a lot of the themes (It also allows people the freedom to create their own themes if they want)

There are a few things that need to be addressed with autostart functions on jessie before I can build a proper module to install it but once those are addressed I’ll add it to the experimental menu of the setup script.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.