Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi folks,

Are there any known issues with lr-gpsp on RetroPie 3.0 RC1? I can’t get any game to run, after selecting one I’m thrown back to Emulation Station in a few seconds.

There are no error messages on the screen or on /tmp/runcommand.log. I DO have a valid GBA BIOS called gba_bios.bin with the correct checksum for GPSP (a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6) on /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS. GPSP runs fine, with the same BIOS/ROMS. The BIOS file has the right owner (pi.pi) and permissions (rw-r–r–).

I’m running a Raspbery Pi 2 Model B, and recently did a full binary install of all the emulators. Other systems (tried Genesis, 32x, SNES, NXEngine) run fine.

Ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

herbfargus

same here: I’ve opened up a ticket on github:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/914

herbfargus

does this happen to all games or just some? I’ve been testing it a bit and it seems that some games just have issues- one way to workaround it is to load up a game that is working and then in the rgui switch to the game that wasn’t loading. It worked for pokemon emerald for me.

rigues
    Participant

Hi herbfargus,

No games work with lr-gpsp. Plain GPSP works fine. To clarify: RetroArch will not even load. No RGUI, nothing. After a few seconds I’m back to the EmulationStation GUI.

herbfargus

Its possible its a bad build? You could try reinstalling the emulator from the setup script to see if that makes any difference. Also if your ROMs are zipped that may also explain it- you may need to unzip them first.

rigues
    Participant

Hi herbfargus,

I did a binary reinstall using the setup script, no luck. Tried zipped and unzipped roms, no difference. This ONLY occurs with lr_gpsp, other emulators/systems run fine.

herbfargus

That’s really odd. Have you tried lr-mgba? It was just moved out of the experimental menu- that’s the one that I use typically.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.