Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Line 11 /home/pi/retropie/supplementary/EmulationStation/emulationstation: No such file or directory…

So I downloaded with the Binaries option in the RetroPie script and now it wont run because of the above directory not being found.

Obviously I’m missing something… Any ideas???

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, now I had something like this problem, but slightly different. Mine was it would not load up the games. Now I found this to be since I had downloaded a version not from the site. Then also I followed the instructions here:https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation
    Followed that to the dot. One part did not work saying it was already there. You can ignore that. But if you followed thoes, it should have made that directory. You can check to see if its there if you use cyberduck to connect to your PI. Then follow that directory. If not, then something went haywire during your download. Here is the link to my problem and my fix if you want to follow it :https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/snes-and-nes-roms-do-not-work/#post-4568

firedrake2k
    Participant

I also followed the wiki/first install link and followed it the letter and this was what I ended up with… I also connected using cyberduck and searched through the directories and sure enough the file path wasn’t there… I have everything up to the /supplimentary file but nothing after that…

henrik30nyr
    Participant

I tried the installation last night and have the same issue.

I used the same installation process except for two exceptions:
    (1) My SD card is partitioned for multiple OS’ using NOOBS
    (2) I elected for the Souce-Based Installation (custom), not Binaries

The error is the same:
    Line 11 /home/pi/retropie/supplementary/EmulationStation/emulationstation: No such file or directory…

firedrake2k
    Participant

Well… I guess it’s good to see that im not the only one… that it’s probably an error in the programming… hopefully it’s fixed soon… in the mean yime I think ill try one of the image downloads and see if that works out

henrik30nyr
    Participant

Was there sufficient space on your SD card?

My SD card was near capacity due to the partitioning so I may try a larger card.

firedrake2k
    Participant

Using 16GB SD with full capacity… The card is empty except for Raspbian and retropie

dbmandrake
    Participant

Same problem here – the directory that should contain emulation station doesn’t even exist.

It was working fine for me using the pre configured SD card image, but I decided I wanted to install it into my standard Raspbian install using the script based installer so that I wasn’t dedicating an entire SD card to RetroPie.

I followed the instructions to a T but something is wrong with the installer. I saw quite a number of errors scroll by saying that it couldn’t copy certain files because the directory didn’t exist etc, so I’m going to run it again with stderr redirected to a file to see if I can capture the script errors.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

There was an update in the script that affected the download and unarchiving of the binaries. I just changed that part of the script back to its original state. The binaries-based installation should work again! Could you post your findings here, please?

henrik30nyr
    Participant

My Source-Based custom installation (option 2?) was successful. Thanks!

firedrake2k
    Participant

Binaries based install works!!! Thanks for the fix

dbmandrake
    Participant

Sorry I forgot to reply – I downloaded again a couple of hours after the script changes were made and can report that the binary install now works properly for me too.

rmscouto
    Participant

Hi,

Just did a fresh install of raspbian, and installed the RetroPie from binaries, and get the missing file error.
    Any solution?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I updates the binaries archive recently. Does a new binaries-based installation work for you? Take care that you have enough disk space available. The last binaries archive accidentally got way too large …

rmscouto
    Participant

I’ve installed from the SD card image meanwhile.
    Thanks for the reply.

justin3680

I have followed a few guides to the T and I have ONLY roms inside of my retropie directory. Nothing else. The last guide I went off of is http://supernintendopi.wordpress.com/ . At first I used the RetroPie Project SD Card Image and thats when I noticed it first. So I decided to start over and do it the very long way to still find no directories. I can get into emulationstation and I have all the roms showing in SNES I also can open the games and hear them but I cant control them at all. I can control emulationstation though. The step I continue to get stuck at Configuring Controllers and Other Settings.

cd RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    ./retroarch-joyconfig >> ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

BTW I have a USB SNES controller.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Justin – the supernintendopi page was previously great – I used it myself successfully for installing v1.9 and 1.10. The current release has a different folder structure however as described in the blog post here:

retroarch.cfg for example is located in /opt/retropie/configs

Hope this helps!

justin3680

is there a link to a valid guide cuz it looks like I have to do it all over again. I am missing so many directories. I dont have opt/retropie/configs directory either….frustrated and kids keep giving me sad faces.

rob80

I just did fresh install from binaries and missing emulationstation. Errors came up at end of install saying it was unable to install snes9x and one other that I forgot the name of… This is the 8th time I installed from Binaries I’m giving up on this program soon. I had it working originally and then I got the dot error, then I updated and my es_config file didn’t exist so I redid my entire sd card from scratch. I’m getting frustrated…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.