Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

When I launch LimeLight and I get into the steam library and try to launch a game, no matter it being a steam install or a game from local machine added to steam library, they do not launch. I click the game and then play and it looks like its working but then it drops me back to that game where i can click play again. Nothing launches on PC. I cant seem to find the logs. Does anyone know where i can find the logs or know of this issue?

Thank You,
    DFL

peanut
    Participant

only nvidia video cards can stream? Correct me if I’m wrong

dixeflatline
    Participant

Yeah, I have the Nvidia 750ti ftw. I have the PC setup and the Pi can see it, they do connect. I can control all the screen just fine from the Pi. Its just when I try and launch a game it doesnt do anything, it thinks for a second but never boots on PI or PC. I was hoping i could find the debug logs to see exactly whats going on or if anyone has had the same issue and got has gotten resolved.

Thank You!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does it happen for every game you play? What command are you running to launch limelight/moonlight?

I have seen it appear to launch, drop off and then launch (turned out to be slowness in hte network). Sometimes it doesn’t seem to recover and I have to exit moonlight and reconnect.

dixeflatline
    Participant

I was told that LimeLight was outdated and to use Moonlight. Moonlight had the same issue. When I hover over the game and click A to launch it, it doesnt launch nor does it crash. The same thing happens with every game in my library.
    Command I am using for LimeLight
    java -jar limelight.jar stream -1080 -30fps PCIPaddress -app Steam /etc/dev/event0 mapfile.map
    and tried
    java -jar limelight.jar stream -1080 -30fps PCIPaddress -app Steam

same commands with MoonLight too. I also have changed the 1080 to 720 at 60fps. My PC and RasPi are hardwired on the network.

Thank You!
    DFL

labelwhore
    Participant

I’m a huge Neuromancer fan, just stopping by to say I love your username Dixie. :) Unfortunately, I have no suggestions for you though.

dixeflatline
    Participant

@labelwhore LMAO… nobody has ever figured it out or knew the meaning of my name. My friend actually started calling me dixeflatline early 2000’s and it has stuck ever since. Thanks man!

Cheers,
    DFL

dixeflatline
    Participant

I got it working. Not sure what exactly fixed it but I uninstalled Geforce Experience, cleaned the registry, scanned for malware, reinstalled Geforce Experience as admin. I repaired PC to Pie then played with commands, this is working:
    moonlight stream 192.168.0.40 -1080 -30fps -app Steam

I havent messed with the controls yet but i got the games to play back. we can close this thread now.

Thanks,
    DFL

Anonymous
    Inactive

EDIT: Just saw your post heh, well the second part of my post would be useful to me :P You may find something in the linked topic useful.

This tells you how to add it to emulationstation / set up dolphin (admittedly its not as clear as it can be!). If you need a hand just say.

Also, if you have 4 xbox controllers and manage to get all 4 to work through Moonlight playing Steam please tell me your version numbers/configs etc. So far I cannot get 4 to work regardless and I’m not sure where the problem is. May try updating xboxdrv later. One input is always the keyboard :(

dixeflatline
    Participant

Damn dude, that is quite the tutorial. I wasnt planning on setting up XBox 360 controllers. Were you using wired or wireless controllers? The Steam games I primary want to play would be keyboard and mouse or 2 ps3 controllers for Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 5 when it comes out. I like that you have dolphin implemented in there. Ideally, I would like to get some of the heavier emulators working like that. Ill take more time to check out that how-to you wrote tonight after work

Thanks Adcooney!

DFL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.