Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just installed my RetroPie and decided that I really want to use some Lightguns for MAME. I’ve been searching the internet for a few days and haven’t really found anyone yet who has used any lightguns with their Raspberry pi so I thought I’d check with you guys here. Has anyone here got any lightguns to work on RetroPie?

I’m looking to buy these: http://www.arcadeguns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1&zenid=i9is7jfthfg9r5nud9glia5u65

I contacted the support on the site above and asked them if the guns would work on a raspberry pi, unfortunately they couldn’t give me a straight answer since they haven’t tried on a Pi, but if it runs Linux and got USB 2.0 they SHOULD work, according to the retailers. Does anyone know a reason for these NOT to work, or potential problems when using them on a raspberry? Does the MAME in RetroPie support lightguns?

bobbyt
    Participant

I believe one problem you may run into is that lightguns don’t generally work on non CRT displays (i.e. flat screens).

The Linux drivers might not inherenly be comparable with PI, and (as you mantioned) the emulator might not support them…

My best guess would be no, but the posability exists that they might.

Unless someone has tried it top to bottom, you probably won’t get a clear answer either way…

clockwise
    Participant

[quote=82551]I believe one problem you may run into is that lightguns don’t generally work on non CRT displays (i.e. flat screens).

The Linux drivers might not inherenly be comparable with PI, and (as you mantioned) the emulator might not support them…

My best guess would be no, but the posability exists that they might.

Unless someone has tried it top to bottom, you probably won’t get a clear answer either way…
    [/quote]

Yeah, was hoping someone else had tried already ^^ and about the screen problem, these guns works on all displays. They use an IR thingy to capture the lightgun and is calibrated to the screen. So they are compatible with a MAME on PC. Guess I’ll wait until the next paycheck and take a risk. Feel free to keep provide your thoughts on this ^^!

jynxbone6986
    Participant

Have u had any progress? I would love to use these on my cabinet. Me and my 9 yr old will play these for an hour at a time at our tiny hometown arcade

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.