Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m working on a build using arcade controls connected to the GPIO pins direectly. The buttons and stick I am using have LEDs that I currently just have wired up to the 3.3v and ground on the GPIO. This works fine, but I’d like to have a software switch to turn them on and off.
    I looked into some simple tutorials and used a simple python script to turn them on, and another to turn them off.
    I can run these from the console and everything works but I’d really like to have something in the menus in the GUI for RetroPie to turn them on and off. I created a couple of .sh files called on.sh and off.sh containing the python string and put them in the ports folder and they showed up, but when I tried to run them it said they didn’t have permission to run.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

tipoto
    Participant

You need to change the permission settings of your bash scripts. From the terminal, go to the folder where your scripts are located and use this command:
    sudo chmod 777 on.sh
    sudo chmod 777 off.sh

You can do it through fileZilla as well, if you use it to manipulate and upload your files on you rpi, to change the permission settings, just right click on the file and select “permission”, then you can modify the permissions the way you want.

burauzaa
    Participant

That worked! Thank you very much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.