Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have my Retropie up and running with a 24″ LED TV, would it be ok to leave the RetroPie running, and just turn off the TV? Or should I power everything down?

Thanks

herbfargus

Its really personal preference. If you have your pi overclocked and leave it running all the time it may decrease its lifetime, you can also look into extra hardware like the mausberry switch or the control block and incorporate an on and off button which will preserve the life of your microusb port from being handled so often. Sometimes I’ll leave it on for a few days other times I’ll unplug it. I have 3 or 4 raspberry pi’s I use semi frequently and I’ve had them for about 6 months and have never had any issue with any of them.

idblfanatic
    Participant

Thanks! I have an inline switch on it, so I just have to push the button to turn it on/off, just wondering about it though, my kids are anxious to get playing, and the few seconds it takes to boot up, is a “lifetime” for them to wait. LOL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.