Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello community!

I’ve been working on setting up a front-end to integrate RetroPie directly into Kodi (v14.2 Helix)… I realize that EmulationStation is a front-end in itself, however while I’m very comfortable working with a CLI, I have a feeling that some of my house mates this summer are not and I would like the RetroPie interface to be as user-friendly as possible…

After hours trying to configure the Kodi add-on “Rom Collection Browser” with only half-success, I’m now beginning to think the optimal solution is the “Advanced Launcher” add-on set to boot directly into “Emulation Station”. While it seems like this is definitely possible, after a good deal of research I haven’t been able to find a good tutorial listing the exact configurations for “Advanced Launcher”.

Any information that could be provided (especially at quick step-by-step with the Advanced Launcher paths) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,

Edit- In case it helps, I’m running a Pi Model B with Raspbian as the base OS. Kodi’s installed over that, then RetroPie compiled from source.

dayfather
    Participant

Not exactly what you’re looking for but it may be a simpler way of doing something similar enough to what you want. I’m running RetroPie alongside OSMC, I can launch into emulationstation directly from OSMC and quitting emulationstation drops me directly back to OSMC. Installation was pretty simple with macobit’s script https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/installing-retropie-alongside-osmc-rc-the-easy-way/1921

Omnija
    Participant

I use this method, which works very well. Booting directly into emulationstation then selecting kodi. when quitting kodi you get directed back to emulationstation.

meat
    Participant

I also used Techtipsta’s method which works very well, with the exception of some times when i quit kodi it locks up with black screen and requires reboot via SSH to continue. I may have made a mistake somewhere I will try it again.

Omnija
    Participant

The lock up is a known kodi problem, there are some workarounds but they don’t always work 100%.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.