Keyboard Emulation with Gamepad outside of emulators

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Keyboard Emulation with Gamepad outside of emulators

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  theluthier 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

theluthier
    Participant

I’ve built a “PiSP Pocket” device by installing a Raspberry Pi 3 into a gameboy pocket. An annoying inconvenience I’m having is the requirement to plug in a keyboard when I want to tweak retropie settings like wifi, audio, memory splitting, etc.

So I’m trying to figure out a way to make my controls (which are USB via Teensy) emulate keyboard strokes outside of emulators and emulation station. I know emulators allow keystrokes via hotkeys, but they don’t seem to apply to Retropie’s settings that are accessible as a “system” in emulation station. Clicking on those settings launches what appears to be a shell script/console window that requires a keyboard.

I’ve spent a couple hours researching apps like joy2key and QJoyPad but they seem to function only or best as a GUI which I can’t do with Retropie…

Does anyone have any ideas for accomplishing this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.