Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi!
    I just installed it on top of raspbian,
    but I have a huge problem: everything works ok, but I’m completely unable to exit from whichever rom I’m using (tested up to now with c64 and zx) – without RESETTING completely my raspberry – my sd card is crying…

I checked the /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg file, and I have the lines:
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 9
    that should allow me to exit by select+start…

(BTW, in half of the ‘net those are mentioned as “8” and “9” … anyway I tested both with and without doublequotes – no difference)

Possibly it’s due to the fact that my controller is simply the keyboard?
    I mapped start to enter, and select to rshift …

Any help will be deeply appreciated by my SD card !!!

alessandro

Omnija
    Participant

These hotkeys

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 9

are only usable for retroarch emulators, all other emulators such as vice,dosbox,n64 (etc) have other methods or quitting/stopping emulators.

I’m also assuming the capital resetting you are pulling the plug? You could always ssh and send a reboot command to not short circuit it.

If using a keyboard backspace and enter are can quit retroarch emulators or in some cases esc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

wow, I feel so stupid now…
    thank you – I fear my error was in not understanding the basic architecture of retropie, so I was confused believing that retroarch.cfg was a global configuration.

I was able to exit c64 by F12, at last!!!

thank you again

herbfargus

most emulator specific pages on the wiki that aren’t part of retroarch specify the controls specific to those emulators, including how to exit.

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.