Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ok, I got my ps3 controllers working great. Now I want to slip in a joypad encoder for a few extra mame buttons. The problem I am having is that the encoder is a usb encoder and is detected as a joystick and is the first to be detected and is assigned to js0. Of course the playstation emulator wants js0 for its player 1.

question:
    is there a way to bind the encoder to, let’s say js3 on bootup so the other two controllers can take the js0 and js1 spots? I’ve tried to assign the encoder to joypad index 3 and that didn’t work.

cliffyboro
    Participant

I’m not sure how to go about this, however you may have more luck and a faster response asking in a generic linux help forum about getting setup up as js3.

Do you have the other 2 controllers plugged in or powered up if using bluetooth? Surely that would then assign it differently?

kmhamel
    Participant

Tried powering up the other controllers first but the pi seems to do the usb connection before the blue tooth connections. I might have to move to a more expensive keyboard encoder since it wont bind as a joystick. I’ll also try the Linux boards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.