Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all. I am sorry if this has already been answered but I have been searching for a bit with no success. I have gotten descent installed and it works great but I would like to not have to use my keyboard to navigate the menu system. I have tried joymap but am unable to get axis mapped to keyboard keys.

I was noticing there is a joy2key.py in /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/ but I have not been able to figure out how it is configured for currently existing ports/emulators. How would I setup the runcommand.sh to run descent with a joy2key mapping?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has already been answered.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

It won’t work for anything but terminal based software.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

(and is written as a quick fix for navigating retropie-setup from a joypad)

ramchip
    Participant

I have gotten buttons working with joymap but cannot figure out axis’s. What would you recommend to set something like this up?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

using something like xboxdrv perhaps ?

ramchip
    Participant

I am using PS3 controllers via SixAxis

petrockblog
    Keymaster

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/xboxdrv.html

It is also possible for xboxdrv to read input data directly from an event device, this allows the use of the configurability of xboxdrv on regular PC joysticks, keyboards and mice and thus lets xboxdrv serve a similar purpose as joy2key. See the option –evdev below for more information.

may well still work.

ramchip
    Participant

Thanks giving it a shot now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.