Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all!

I had this idea to get some folk together and organize a retro competition (for old and young alike!) using Retropie of course!

I was thinking of high score races, “Get as many points as you can within a time limit”.
    (Dragon’s Lair springs to mind with the newly added Daphne support!)

VS games (Windjammers and the obvious fighters!)
    (NeoGeo should cater well)

but perhaps also SNES titles and MAME of course.
    But anything will do really. Been wondering if you peeps had any ideas on fun “easy to learn and watch” games for people to play in short bursts.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

dankcushions
    Participant

windjammers is so good!

any of the bomberman games are easy to play. i think i prefer bomberman ’93 on the pc engine as it’s not got too much crazy stuff in it, plus 5 player with no configuration :)

tetris battle gaiden on the snes is amazing. it’s 2 player tetris with special moves, essentially. needs a few goes to get the hang of it, though, and it’s all in japanese (although i think that’s part of the appeal, as i have no idea what moves the characters have available beforehand!)

micromachines on the NES is great in multiplayer.

shoothere
    Participant

Tetris Battle Gaiden is very fun but with a steeper learning curve.

Will be 1v1 (only have 2 joysticks) so will have to test the bomberman games so they dont last too long.

Ever tried Micro Maniacs on the PSX? That is Micro Machines SQUARED!

shoothere
    Participant

Perhaps some sort of “ultra hard” platformer?

Things like Super Meat Boy spring to mind or the Mario Maker stuff.

Does such a thing exist?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.