[Solved] Is My Raspberry Pi The Correct Version

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc. [Solved] Is My Raspberry Pi The Correct Version

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LiquidFlame 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

LiquidFlame
    Participant

Hello,

I just received my controlblock, but I just realized I might not have the correct Raspberry Pi version. I did some digging and my Pi’s revision code is 000e. According to RPi HardwareHistory, my model is B and the PCB Revision is 2.0. Below is a picture of my Pi and as you can see, the controlblock doesn’t sit fully on the GPIO pins. So do I need to get a different Raspberry Pi?

IMAG2727

Attachments:

fulcoboy
    Participant

Yes you need at least the Raspberry Pi 1 B+ model which is a little bit different in layout as the original B model…

Example: Raspberry Pi B+

LiquidFlame
    Participant

Just to make sure the documentation says:

The ControlBlock is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi (version 1 and 2) models A+ and B+.

As far as I know for Raspberry Pi 2, there is only a model B, not a A+ or B+. So I just want to make sure the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is compatible with the Controlblock.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.