Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just installed libretro-mame 2010 and it works great for the majority of games I want to play. Now my problem is that all the Midway arcade games i.e. Mortal Kombat I, II, III and NBA JAM run really slow. They ran near perfect in libretro-mame 2003.

So my question is can I get a setup where those games run only in MAME 2003… while all my other games run on MAME 2010?

retropie version 3.3.1
    raspberry pi 2

I have both libretro-mame2003 and libretro-mame2010 installed. I switch them via the emulators.cfg file in /opt/retropie/configs/mame-libretro/emulators.cfg and change the default value. I want to not have to switch this at all.

Thanks!

snowblindz
    Participant

I figured out it out… stupid me didn’t realize that you could press a key/button after you launch a game to bring up the runcommand menu to change the emulator for each rom! Amazingly convenient feature! Retropie rocks

xd3l
    Participant

What key/button is that?

snowblindz
    Participant

Press any key or button right before the game loads. After you launch a game, you should see some white text at the top of the screen indicating how and when you can do that.

herbfargus
    xd3l
    Participant

Slick!

dankcushions
    Participant

just out of interest – why run 2010 at all? i haven’t experimented much but it seems like that all of the newer 3d titles it can run are beyond the pi anyway. any particular titles you can sell me on? i might give it a go :)

snowblindz
    Participant

One title in particular that I was wanting to run and now does, is a beat-em up game called B. Rap Boys, developed by Kaneko.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.