Is it possible to Show IP Adress in Emulationstation?

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Is it possible to Show IP Adress in Emulationstation?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gizmo 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Gizmo
    Participant

Hi all,

is it possible to make a new site in ES that shows the output of ifconfig or shows in another way the IP-Adress in ES? My problem is that i have no keybaord plugged in the RPI and use ES exclusively with my Joypad.

Or is there a possibility to connect to a wifi in ES? That would be the easiest way for me because editing the interfaces file would be hard without keybaord.

I carry my RPI sometimes to my friends to play some games and if i want to upload some new ROMS this would be an easy way to connect it to the local wifi and use the Samba shares.

I also think about to make my RetroPie to an access point, this should be also an easy way, but then i have no internet…

Any ideas?

Greetings

gizmo98
    Participant

The newest script contains something like this. Update the script and install ES-Config and Emulationstation. There should be a menu item under “input Config”.

Instruction:
    ->close emulation station with <F4>
    ->type:

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo git pull
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

->select source based installation
    ->select ES-Config,Emulationstation and (C) Generate config file for Emulation Station
    ->start installation

roquen
    Participant

It would be cool to have a “status” page within emulation-station that displayed network information, MAC address, joystick/USB connections and drivers just for information purposes.

I know ES and RetroPi are different projects, but maybe we can help and add this feature (toggle =on/off in config too of course)

Gizmo
    Participant

The newest script contains something like this. Update the script and install ES-Config and Emulationstation. There should be a menu item under “input Config”.

Instruction:<br>
    ->close emulation station with <F4><br>
    ->type:

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo git pull
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

->select source based installation<br>
    ->select ES-Config,Emulationstation and (C) Generate config file for Emulation Station<br>
    ->start installation

That worked fine. Thank you. Now we need a GUI for connect to different wifis 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

PLEASE NOTE: All orders that are placed between January 14th and January 28th will be shipped on January 29th. Dismiss