I am running retropie on an RPi2 (installed via the IMG file). I’d like to add cheats to AdvMAME but have yet to figure out how to do it. I’ve been searching for two weeks now but for some reason just can’t find someone with a correct solution. If someone could point me in the correct direction it would be greatly appreciated.
1) start in the advancemame directory cd ~/.advance
2) download the cheat file wget http://cheat.retrogames.com/download/cheat126.zip
3) extract it unzip cheat126.zip
4) edit your the rc file (either advmame-0.94.0.rc or advmame-1-2.rc) nano advmame-0.94.0.rc
5) find where it says misc_cheat, and enable the option misc_cheat yes
6) while in an advancemame game, press tab to bring up the cheat menu which is now available.