Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi
    Just got my Pi2 and decided to use ES to make a small arcade box.

Now I was following the instructions on the ES site, so I did the update of the packages, got the libraries, downloaded and compiled the source, and installed.

Took me a bit of time but in the end I was able to finish the build and start ES.

Now I see that I need to make the config file and set up the emulators; which is a lots of work and then I found this blog. I love the idea of a script that does everything to set up ES, although I have 2 problems:

1) I can’t clone: this address just hang saying that the connection timed out

git clone git://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie-Setup.git
    fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
    github.com[0: 208.73.210.214]: errno=Connection timed out

I am using the instructions on this blog.

2) Since I already did the first part, installing the libraries, updating and checking out the latest ES source and compile ES; which options should I select for the script?

Floob

You could take the easy route and just write the RetroPie image to your card, as ES is already on there?
    https://www.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/

pielover
    Participant

Well, that won’t work, since I need to have raspbian configured to run in console, to work with other software (not emulators).

After spending about a day installing and configuring everything on the standard image of raspbian, I discovered the retropie image; but now it is basically too late to start all over :(

Floob

You can install this way if that suits better

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/README.md

pielover
    Participant

Yep, that’s the guide that I found, and this is why I posted the question about how to proceed, since I already have the source compiled and deployed on Raspbian, but I have no configuration set.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.