Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Running what I think is the latest version of Retropie on our Raspberry Pi 2. We’re getting the following error on boot:

“[FAIL] File system check failed. A log is being saved in /var/log/fsck/checkfs if that location is writable. Please repair the file system manually. … failed!
    [warn] A maintenance shell will now be started. CONTROL-D will terminate this shell and resume system boot. … (warning).”

Initially, I pressed CONTROL-D and put in the root password and it went on its happy way. But it happens every time I boot.

How do I run fsck under Retropie?

dankcushions
    Participant

i’m not an expert but i did do this a few months back. you can’t run fsck on a mounted partition, and you only have 1, so the only way to do it is to take your SD card out of your pi and put it in another machine that can run fsck. the way i did this was put it in my laptop that was running linux, and follow a guide (something like https://www.maketecheasier.com/check-repair-filesystem-fsck-linux/ )

i guess you could also do on a mac also, via the command line.

dougmeister
    Participant

I put the microSD card in my card reader and Windows 7 did something automagically (with prompts). Same thing I guess. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.