Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t know if this is a “sin” or whatever, but I joined here for something not really related to Retropie. My son and I built a retropie rig for my father’s birthday last year and I know start+select exits RA and goes backinto EmulationStation without a hitch. I built a sweet HTPC that runs Kodi, Steam, EmulationStation with RA, Netflix, etc…..it’s all controllable via my remote control and/or 360 pad. The only way I can exit RA currently is setting a hotkey (l3 + r3) to go into RA (version 1.3), scroll down to exit, and then I’m back in ES. I want to shorten this process to just exiting via a hotkey, like select + start, and be back into ES.

Look, I know this is a minor, minor thing….but it’s bugging me. I can’t find out how that bind in RetroPie works to impliment it into my desktop setup. Anyway….thanks in advance. And keep up the good work!

zerojay
    Participant
    borg101
    Participant

Sweet link pasting skills bro…..

zerojay
    Participant

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink it.

borg101
    Participant

Yeah, ok. I have spent hours upon hours searching the internet, looking at files, code, etc, etc. and have come up empty-handed. I decided to post here……AFTER I had already posted on libretro and a few other places. This was my last ditch. Now, seeing as how that the retropie is currently the only working version of ES and RA, to my knowledge, to implement the “start + select” combo to exit into the main menu, posting here is completely valid. One of the best parts about the nerd community is most people aren’t dicks. Congratulations, you’re the first I’ve come across in my weeks of asking reddit, kodi, linux, windows, gaming, steam, libretro, etc communities.

zerojay
    Participant

Hmm, pointing someone to the relevant place to ask is being a dick now? Interesting.

herbfargus
    borg101
    Participant

@zerojay, When this is the relevant place, yes….it is. And it was not just posting a link with no explanation…..it was the subsequent pseudo insult.

@herbfargus
    , thanks for a relevant link that will actually help me. I appreciate it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.