Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My understanding is that within an AdvMAME game I could hit “tab” on a keyboard and pull up the controller config.

I don’t have a USB keyboard with me at the moment and AdvMAME isn’t automatically recognizing my gamepad for the controls. All the other emulators (pc engine, lynx, etc.) are recognizing the gamepad automatically and working fine.

Is there a way I can tell AdvMAME to use my gamepad for every rom? Since I don’t have a keyboard, I’m not sure how to manually set that feature.

I’m comfortable with command line and putty – just not sure where to set my gamepad for AdvMAME. Maybe there’s a setting in the EmulationStation I’m just overlooking?

I appreciate the help in advance!

I’m running latest version of retropie on a pi 3.

kremer42
    Participant

I also need to know this.

Specifically for me, I’m trying to configure a PS3 controller… As an alternative, is there some example of writing advmame1.4.rc directly for a PS3 controller?

tfphumorblog
    Participant

I just picked up a cheap keyboard on Amazon prime. $7 and shipped in one day. I don’t think there’s much you can do without a keyboard for tweaking things. :)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Yeah – just get a keyboard. It’s not worth the hassle and it’s a useful thing to have around.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.