How do you transfer ROMS? (or ._ Files! Blarg)

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project How do you transfer ROMS? (or ._ Files! Blarg)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mutex Mutex 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jbarnatt
    jbarnatt
    Participant

I’ve been using SSH to trasnfer ROMS to the Pi from my Mac. From all I’ve read these are just something that comes with using a mac along with other Operating/Files Systems. Any advice?

Profile photo of trimmtrabb
    trimmtrabb
    Participant

Sorry i’m not quite sure what you’re asking here? If your Mac and your Pi are connected on your network the Pi should show up as a Samba share on your Mac to which you can transfer your roms to.

If you have found the solution to your problem please mark the topic as resolved.

Profile photo of roman
    roman
    Participant

I use FileZilla, it is free and cross platform.

Profile photo of crystalj
    crystalj
    Participant

The Pi simply shows up on my home network and I am able to drop roms directly into it that way. If I need to access anything but the rom folders, I use WinSCP.

Profile photo of jbarnatt
    jbarnatt
    Participant

I think I titled the post to obscurely. I can connect easily enough to the ROM portion natively through the Macs network connections. I’ve used cyberduck to get to root, to modify config files. But when I transfer roms. I end up with ._ files. Basically file system files. I thought I would just load my whole NES catalog to the Pi, but now I have to scroll through 600 plus ._copy files to get to the roms. I should have explained better.

Profile photo of dem1980
    dem1980
    Participant

I have a similar problem.
    When i copy the files from my Mac using Samba share (the easy way), i have my “rom.ext” and another file “._rom.ext” or something like that.
    There a way that RetroPie browser ignores all files that begin with “.” ?
    Thank you

Profile photo of Mutex
    Mutex
    Participant

Since the emulator doesn’t need the files you can ssh into your RPi, go to the specific folder and remove all files with ._
    You can remove them easily with rm ._*

Although you have to be certain that you don’t have anything named ._ that you are still going to need because once they are deleted it’s really hard to get them back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar