How do i fix menus?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AmadhiX 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gambler3k
    Participant

I seemed to messed up the artwork or something when i deleted some default stuff in rom folders to make the systems go away from ui. How do i fix this without reinstalling everything again.
    pic of problem

View post on imgur.com

AmadhiX
    Participant

Looks like you might be able to download the original theme from this thread:

Theme: Simple 1.1

gambler3k
    Participant

noob question, how do i replace it?

AmadhiX
    Participant

Actually, it looks like there’s an even newer version on his page, here:

Downloads

To completely replace the broken theme (in RetroPie 2.3 or 2.4, at least), delete the /etc/emulationstation/themes/simple folder and replace it with the simple folder from the downloaded zip file. I would make a backup first, just in case.

Once it’s working, if you want to try editing it again, I would recommend making a copy of the simple folder with a different name, and making the edits there. That will effectively create a new theme that you can switch to from the start->UI menu in EmulationStation. If that breaks, you can always switch it back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.