Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered enough times, I’ve had a look through the forums and Ive been told that in order to hide .bin files and only see the .cue files , I need to edit my es_config.cfg, this directory is here /home/pi/.emulationstation

I don’t have any additional es_config.cfg files in the separate rom directories, for a laugh I created one and added it to /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx directory , this did nothing.

Here is the aforementioned line I need to add

“DESCNAME=Sony Playstation 1
    NAME=psx
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx
    #EXTENSION=.img .IMG .7z .7Z .pbp .PBP .bin .BIN
    EXTENSION=.cue .CUE”

Can anyone help out please

davejaca
    Participant

Hi typedan, what version of retropie are you using?

If you are using 2.6 your es_systems.cfg will be located in /etc/emulationstation/ check out this vid if you need help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WGpGCn9NeI&t=91

Once in, you can find the playstation section and delete the .bin .BIN from between the <extension> tags and they will no longer show up. You can see it in the same video at 1:56.

Another good command in linux is find. Type ‘sudo find / -iname es_systems.cfg’ and it will locate all copies of it for you. Hope this helps!

typedan
    Participant

That resolved it, thanks very much

Case closed :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.