Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all newbie here,

I am having issues with my N64 roms on Retropie, everytime I try to play a game it is horribly choppy and the sound will cut out randomly. Also most text dialogues are unreadable. My super nintendo Roms work fine, which leads me to believe it may be a proformence issue

here are some additional details
    Pi Model: 2b
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.0.0 Beta
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: Steelseries 3gc controller
    Controller used: same as above

Guide used: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-retro-game-console-498561192
    Followed this guide, but instead of using wifi to transfer my roms I transfered them through a Flashdrive

I’ve tried overclocking and such. Anyone have any suggestions?

mavic19
    Participant

Have you tried utilizing either Mupen64plus-gles2n64 or Mupen64plus-gles2rice plugins? I had to mix it up on mine. Some games will work fine on one yet not so much on the other. Takes some time tinkering with each game to find the best fit. Some games just won’t run well at all no matter (even with overclocking).

kngkoopa
    Participant

No I have not. How would I go about utilizing those plug ins? Still really new to this. Thanks!

mavic19
    Participant

When you select a game to play, you’ll notice it immediately goes to a black screen and up top will say press X or M to enter configuration. Press X and it will take you into a configuration screen that will allow you to change plugins. One will allow you to configure a default plugin for all roms in that emulator. With N64, you’ll want to select the option for selecting a plugin for that specific rom. I found that Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64, the Mupen64plus-gles2n64 plugin works awesome. Others, like ExciteBike 64 will work better with Mupen64plus-gles2rice.

kngkoopa
    Participant

Alright thanks its helping a little, Now I have a question what seems to be the optimal memory split to play n64 Games, Would 512 be overkill or about right?

mavic19
    Participant

384 is optimal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.