Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been fiddling around with getting some GBA roms on RetroPie and have run into some problems regarding the GBA BIOS. I have the BIOS and its placed with the roms in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba as well as with the emulator in /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi. When I try and run the game (Minish Cap) the screen just goes black and I’m sent back to Emulation Station. I saw an old post about the problem being solved using chmod 777 but I’m rather new to Linux and Pi’s and have no idea how I’d do that. Any help at all possible would be great. Thanks!

brooksyx
    Participant

What file are you trying to change the permission on?

I am assuming it is the rom? Here would be example below, replace the with the correct file name and directory.

sudo chmod 777 /roms/zelda.gba

sparklemage
    Participant

I was able to change the permissions using chmod 777, but I’m still sent back to emulation station when I run the game. Any idea what the problem would be?

brooksyx
    Participant

No idea, havent tried gpSP on the pie. My best guess is maybe try a different rom dump of the game. I know pocketsnes on retropie didn’t like a few SNES roms I had but worked fine after I tried different ones for the same games.

sparklemage
    Participant

So far, after several roms, I’m still sent back to Emulation Station. I’ll try moving onto a new emulator and fix the problem eventually. If anyone has any ideas what the problem might be, any input at all would be wonderful (: Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.