Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So, for days now I have been trying to install digitlaLumberjacks MK_arcade_joystick_rpi driver for the GPIO controller with zero luck. I would really like to get this working on the new 3.5 build. Has anyone had any luck?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

What doesn’t work ? if the problem is it doesn’t load automatically from /etc/modules that’s because the instructions are wrong (for Jessie) – put just the module name in /etc/modules (mk_arcade_joystick_rpi) and put the options in /etc/modprobe.d/mk_arcade_joystick.conf (options mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1,2)

You should report this on the issue tracker on the https://github.com/recalbox/mk_arcade_joystick_rpi

jbfortune
    Participant

Hey,

I managed to get it installed fine but it wouldn’t load on boot. All I did which I got from someone’s post on Reddit was put sudo modprobe mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1 into the rc.local

This now works fine. What problems are you having?

scrummel
    Participant

you guys are right I should have recorded the log and pasted the issues I was having these last few days. Ill try this again this evening and report back. Sorry about that gentlemen.

scrummel
    Participant

So I ran through the installation instructions again this morning on a fresh V3.5 image. Once I get to this point

Update your system :

sudo sh ./install.sh updatesystem
    sudo reboot

I get the following messages

sudo: rpi-update: command not found
    ERROR : unable to updta firmware

I’ve tried to install rpi update with no success.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.