Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I try to get my gpio adapter to work. But I cant get any inputs from jstest. I bought new tomee snes controller.
    I measured the connection between ribbon cable and the connectors and everything is fine.
    The jstest shows me -32767 on every axes… Not null.

I’m using the gpio adapter with the new raspberry pi 2 model b v1.1. Is the gpio adpater compatible?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The RetroPie GPIO Adapter is compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2.

If you already checked the connection between each pin of the SNES connectors and the corresponding pin on the RetroPie GPIO Adapter, it might be that there is a confused connection. Just a guess, though.

SNESDev installs two gamepad devices in the operating system and gets their states by polling the controllers. If everything is wired up correctly and you press the direction buttons for the first time after boot up, the -32767 will disappear and be replaced by 0 then. This comes from the current implementation of SNESDev.

Does the the button on the GPIO Adapter work?

You could also post a picture of your wiring here.

feedy
    Participant

Thanks for answering. The Button is working. I checked a lot and found a python script
    . This worked for the button very well.

I’m at Work now, but I will post some pictures later today.

feedy
    Participant

Sorry for my realy late reply. The GPIO Adapter work well now. After I checked the soldering again I found the issue there.
    Thanks

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that you figured it out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.