Gameboy Advance Emulator

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of domnewell1 domnewell1 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of domnewell1
    domnewell1
    Participant

Hi,

Every time I update the retropie script to allow retroarch autoconfig, my gameboy advance emulator and roms stop working. They were fine before. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could solve this?

Profile photo of trimmtrabb
    trimmtrabb
    Participant

I’m not sure why that is happening, the GBA emulator isn’t configured via Retroarch. Try backing up your es_systems.cfg and gpsp.cfg before running the auto config and then restore afterwards

If you have found the solution to your problem please mark the topic as resolved.

domnewell1
    Participant

How do I do this, just copy to my computer, run auto config and then copy it back across?
    Sorry, complete newbie

Thanks for the reply

trimmtrabb
    Participant

yes copy them off with a ftp client, I use Filezilla. When you say stop working, you can’t run the emulator at all?

If you have found the solution to your problem please mark the topic as resolved.

domnewell1
    Participant

When I click the rom, it starts running code, but after a few seconds it blacks out and returns to the rom menu

I use cyberduck at the moment, so I will give it a try

trimmtrabb
    Participant

if you press f4 after attempting to run the emulator what errors do you see?

domnewell1
    Participant

Before I copied the old gpsp file over I got

“/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/gpsp: No such file of directory”

But now that I have copied over the version of the emulator when it worked, I get

“/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/gpsp: Permission denied”

That’s the only part that causes error

trimmtrabb
    Participant

try reinstalling GPSP via the setup script, it’s in ‘source based installation’

domnewell1
    Participant

No, that hasn’t worked. This the the code I get now:

performance
     powering on HDMI with explicit settings (CEA mode 4)
     /home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 32:   /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/gpsp: No such file or directory
     Powering on HDMI with preferred settings
     ondemand

That’s it

Profile photo of Mutex
    Mutex
    Participant

Have you tried to start the emulator from command line? It seems the runcommand script doesn’t find the path/binary that you are trying to execute.
    You can start the emulator from commandline with:
    /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/gpsp

See if theres something in that specific folder with:
    ls -l /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp

domnewell1
    Participant

When I try to see if there is something in the folder it comes up with:

ls: cannot access /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp: No such file or directory

When I try to run the emulator from command line:

-bash: /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/gpsp: No such file or directory

Thanks for the reply though

EDIT: the gpsp emulator had been deleted, so I copied it back across. Now, it says permission denied instead of no such file or directory when I try to run from command line, but when I try to see if there is anything in it it says

total 4
    drwxr-xp-x 3 pi_pi 4096 Apr 25 11:55 raspberrypi
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar