Game Launch Menu

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of qrayg qrayg 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of qrayg
    qrayg
    Participant

Is there a way to set a specific controller key or disable the game launch menu from activating when “any” button is pressed during game launch?

I’m using a DualShock 4 controller and the gyroscope triggers the game launch menu unless I keep the controller perfectly still (near impossible).

If I could just set the hotkey to a specific controller key rather than ANY key it would make gameplay a little more seamless.

I’m not sure the terminology for this feature or if it’s an EmulationStation or RetroArch setting. I did a ton of digging in the config files but couldn’t find anything.

A little push in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Profile photo of petrockblog
    petrockblog
    Keymaster

Disable Launch Options screen from RetroPie

alternatively you could comment out the joy2key lines so it ignored joystick input.

changes like this would get overwritten when updating – I do plan at some point to use the ES configured controls for the joy2key functionality.

Are you using the ps3controller driver ? That has the accelerometer disabled by default afair.

Profile photo of qrayg
    qrayg
    Participant

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the help.

How do I know what driver I’m using? To get the DS4 working I just start from a fresh RP image, install PiAssist, pair DS4, edit /etc/rc.local to allow the controller to reconnect without rebooting, and it works.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar