Frequent sound "dropping" with SNES and Sega Games

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Frequent sound "dropping" with SNES and Sega Games

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of emoni emoni 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of emoni
    emoni
    Participant

I’ve noticed and odd and annoying problem with my set up. Not sure why, but every minute or so, the sound cuts off for 1 second. Quite annoying, but not sure what the fix might be. Doesn’t happen every time though.

Anyone else run into this?

Profile photo of emoni
    emoni
    Participant

Odd… okay I guess I’m the only one.

Profile photo of emoni
    emoni
    Participant

Still the same problem and even with different emulators it isn’t changing. Not sure what is up, but can’t find a solution 🙁

Profile photo of koffieleut
    koffieleut
    Participant

You could try to use another audio driver. I use SDL on pocketsnes with quality set at 44100, it works great. I’m using retropie 3 beta on a raspberry pi 2 overclocked on 1ghz with 256 mb gpu.

Profile photo of emoni
    emoni
    Participant

I didn’t know you could switch the audio driver actually… how did you do that?

Profile photo of emoni
    emoni
    Participant

The problem is that it isn’t dependent on which emulator I pick. SNES, Genesis, anything and switching the emulator per system used, doesn’t seem to change the situation. Still sound dropping every dozen seconds or so for a second.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar