Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi I just installed RetroPie on a B model running Raspbian Wheezy and found out that when Scraping from EmulationStation the scraped data was lost on exit.

Also when launching something a list of errors appears, one for each folder you have in .emulationstation/gamelists:

“lvl0: Could not find <gameList> node in gamelist home/pi/.emulationstation/gamelists/**EMULATOR_NAME**/gamelist.xml”

That gave me a clue, checked out xml files in those folders and surprise, they’re blank.

You can solve this by manually adding the required lines in every gamelist.xml file, one for each folder in ~/.emulationstation/gamelists

Required Lines = <?xml version="1.0" ?> <gameList> </gameList>

That’s tedious isn’t it? But wait, we got BASH automation!

Just fire up a terminal and

#NAVIGATE TO GAMELISTS DIRECTORY
    cd ~/.emulationstation/gamelists

#FOR EACH SUBDIRECTORY ECHO REQUIRED LINES TO THE gamelist.xml FILE
    for F in */; do echo "<?xml version='1.0' ?> <gameList> </gameList>" > ${F}gamelist.xml; done

Thats’ all.
    BEWARE You’ll loose any previously scraped data. But if you’re looking at this post probably you already haven’t any.

criticalfumble
    Participant

This may have been caused by your SD card not having enough space. One thing you MUST do before attempting to add any ROMs is expand the file system on your SD card. You can do this most simply by entering “sudo raspi-config” from the terminal. From the resulting menu, you can expand the file system. Or you can consult this link: http://xmodulo.com/configure-raspberry-pi-first-time.html
    It’s important that you expand your file system BEFORE doing anything else. If you attempt to do so later it will not work. Period.
    I am not a linux guru, I learned all of this the hard way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.