Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

Has anyone got the Retropie working with the FC30 8Bitdo bluetooth controller?

http://www.fc30.com/eng/

I can get it to control emulatorstation as it thinks its a keyboard. But when it comes to playing SNES or NES games it just doesn’t work.

I have tried the controller configuration but failed miserably.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance.

Gary

jayp76
    Participant

Hi,

my FC30 is working with the emulators. I am using ES2.3.
    I configured it via the retropie_setup.sh script (Setup/Register RetroArch controller).
    Here is the code that for es_input.cfg that states that it is a “joystick”:

`<inputConfig type=”joystick” deviceName=”Bluetooth Wireless Controller ” deviceGUID=”05000000426c7565746f6f7468205700″>
    <input name=”a” type=”button” id=”0″ value=”1″ />
    <input name=”b” type=”button” id=”1″ value=”1″ />
    <input name=”pagedown” type=”button” id=”7″ value=”1″ />
    <input name=”pageup” type=”button” id=”6″ value=”1″ />
    <input name=”select” type=”button” id=”10″ value=”1″ />
    <input name=”start” type=”button” id=”11″ value=”1″ />
    </inputConfig>`

It was a real hassle to get it via Bluetooth working.
    But i can’t figure out how to auto pair the controller when ES starts up.

Regards
    Jay

jayp76
    Participant

There is a new FC30 Firmware update with following fix:
    FC30 GamePad Firmware v2.4
    1.Fixed the bug which wake up from sleep mode can not auto reconnect.

I’ll try a soon as possible.

jayp76
    Participant

Still no autoconnect. too bad.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How do you conect the controllers with bluetooth?
    I configurated the controllers with retro setup over usb connection. It works.
    If I want to conect it with bluetooth there is a problem.
    My bluetooth works, the controller are visible, but when I connect them like a bluetooth- keybord it doesnt work.

for example:
    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ hcitool scan
    Scanning …
    00:50:21:44:22:87 8Bitdo FC30 GamePad
    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ bluez-simple-agent hci0 00:50:21:44:22:87
    ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.1:/: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: or g.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; t ype=”method_call”, sender=”:1.2″ (uid=1000 pid=2886 comm=”/usr/bin/python /usr/b in/bluez-simple-agent hci0 0″) interface=”org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable” m ember=”Introspect” error name=”(unset)” requested_reply=”0″ destination=”:1.1″ ( uid=0 pid=2380 comm=”/usr/sbin/bluetoothd “)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/bin/bluez-simple-agent”, line 102, in <module>
    path = manager.FindAdapter(args[0])
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py”, line 70, in __call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py”, line 145, in __call__
    **keywords)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py”, line 651, in call_ blocking
    message, timeout)
    dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type=”method_call”, sender=”:1.2″ (uid=1000 pid= 2886 comm=”/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/bluez-simple-agent hci0 0″) interface=”org.b luez.Manager” member=”FindAdapter” error name=”(unset)” requested_reply=”0″ dest ination=”:1.1″ (uid=0 pid=2380 comm=”/usr/sbin/bluetoothd “)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I managed to get it working by turning it on as a keyboard start+b but before you`ll need to do this http://www.ctheroux.com/2012/08/a-step-by-step-guide-to-setup-a-bluetooth-keyboard-and-mouse-on-the-raspberry-pi/
    and after make changes in retroarch.cfg to make the buttons work. If interested let me know. And yes i did the lates firmware update for the controller 2.5 is out and no issues with autoconnect anymore. However i have not figure out how to make hotkey to save load and quit with bitdo.

empha
    Participant

Hi!

I have spent several hours of setting up my 8bitdo NES30 to the Retropie.
    I got it hooked up trough Bluetooth, works in Emulationstation, but the problem is in Retroarch. The gamepad is connected with START + B (Keyboard), and when i map the controller in Retroarch the buttons i push is shown as letters (c,f,e,o etc.).

I map them as they should be.
    Heres the problem, Retroarch has already mapped those letters to other functions such as, Start Recording Movie, Reset, Frameskip etc.
    I’ve tried to type in other letters in the retroarch config but it wont change anyway.

This is the ones i’ve changed “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg” and “/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/retroarch.cfg”

Am i changing the right configs?
    Please help.

nparquette
    Participant

I am having the exact same issue. Turned on controller in keyboard mapped, mapped the buttons but some are already being used for shaders, record movie etc. Anybody figure that out? Thanks!

frank9881
    Participant

I’d love to get detailed steps from someone who has successfully got their NES30 controllers working via bluetooth because I have tried so many different methods and have tried to piece together instructions from various people’s suggestions but I am still not having any luck. I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to this so I’d really love truly detailed steps. For example, I still haven’t figured out how to correctly edit the retroarch.cfg.

Basically so far I have updated the firmware on each controller to 2.5. I had gotten them to connect via bluetooth at one point and be recognized by Retropie but when it would ask me to configure them I couldn’t configure the D-PAD. It wouldn’t recognize the up, down, left or right which meant I couldn’t get past the first 4 buttons to map.

So instead of babbling about what I’ve done, if someone that has gotten this working properly could provide step by step directions I would be forever grateful. Thanks!

morias
    Participant

I haven’t got these controllers and have not tried it, but does this help?

http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-296-1-1.html

enzo3rd
    Participant

hey dudes, new to this forum.

I’ve been able to pair a ps3 controller with six pair but would rather use

my nes30 controller. However I’m having a bit of trouble pairing via bluetooth.

I get the following response when i run: bluez-simple-agent hci0 00:50:21:44:22:87

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.1:/: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: or g.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; t ype=”method_call”, sender=”:1.2″ (uid=1000 pid=2886 comm=”/usr/bin/python /usr/b in/bluez-simple-agent hci0 0″) interface=”org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable” m ember=”Introspect” error name=”(unset)” requested_reply=”0″ destination=”:1.1″ ( uid=0 pid=2380 comm=”/usr/sbin/bluetoothd “)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/bin/bluez-simple-agent”, line 102, in <module>
    path = manager.FindAdapter(args[0])
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py”, line 70, in __call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py”, line 145, in __call__
    **keywords)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py”, line 651, in call_ blocking
    message, timeout)
    dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type=”method_call”, sender=”:1.2″ (uid=1000 pid= 2886 comm=”/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/bluez-simple-agent hci0 0″) interface=”org.b luez.Manager” member=”FindAdapter” error name=”(unset)” requested_reply=”0″ dest ination=”:1.1″ (uid=0 pid=2385 comm=”python/usr/sbin/sixad-dbus-blocker“)

could this be a problem caused by six pair?

bmos
    Participant

i haven’t tried with my NES30 yet but is there a reason you can’t use gamepad option in the controller instead of keyboard mode?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.