[fba-next] CPS2 EEPROM

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dankcushions 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

luisfabiano
    Participant

Hi folks,

I am running Street Fighter Zero 3 on my Pi2 using the libreto fba-next emulator.
    I entered the game service menu to change some settings such as “Free to Play”, “TURBO 2”, and etc.. I think those settings are saved to the virtual EEPROM. But when I restart the game, all settings all back to the default.

Does anybody know how to make those settings permanent?

Regards!

dankcushions
    Participant

looks like this might be fixed now? https://github.com/libretro/libretro-fba/pull/63

you’ll have to install the individual emulator from source via retropie-setup. let us know if it works!

if you have no luck, lr-mame2003 runs this game and allows saving to nvram.

luisfabiano
    Participant

I saw this post but I did not know what it means. Thanks for the clarification.
    I will try tonight and will let you know…

Also, I will try it on lr-mame2003 as well.

luisfabiano
    Participant

I updated the fba-next emulator, but it did not work. Maybe the fixed version is not released yet.

SFA3 is running on lr-mame2003 after downloading the right romset.I did not test the test menu because I don’t know how to activate it in MAME.

dankcushions
    Participant

so i tried this on libretro-fba-next and it worked for me. here’s what i did:
    – load street fighter III third strike
    – go into retroarch menu (select + x on my snes controller)
    – quick menu > core options
    – changed the service mode access to ‘hold start’
    – exited the menu
    – held start to enter service menu
    – went to system options and put free play mode on
    – chose ‘save and exit’ in the service
    – game started and freeplay was on
    – exited game (start + select) and reloaded.. freeplay is still on

it saves the eeprom state in the /roms/fba/ directory – GAMENAME.fs

i didn’t try with a CPS2 game – shouldn’t make a difference (i think??)

i’ll add this all to the wiki in a bit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.