Viewing 3 posts - 36 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

As far as I understand it, the purge command also removes configuration files. I havent looked into it too much for kodi so I’m not sure how much it would affect things to keep or remove the configuration files- the only way to really tell is to test it both says and see if there is any difference (as long as you make backups first of course) this post has a little more info on remove vs. Purge :
    http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/118880/should-i-use-apt-get-remove-or-apt-get-purge

I just used apt-get remove and it seemed to work fine for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the workaround, Kodi 15 is exiting just fine, now.

I just stumbled over one problem: Using the Pi(e) on my old 4:3 tube tv, I naturally see the black bars over and under every video which is not „retro“ itself. While this wasn’t a problem on Kodi 14, the new beta version doesn’t seem to overlay the terminal properly and there is a lot of annoying text around the video.

A solution to minimize the problem is to use the clear or reset command, so that there is only one small line of text in the background. But has anyone an idea for a better solution?

test
    Participant

herbfargus thanks for your kodi package. One question is there any Chance running an IP TV (PVR) client on it? I didn’t find any gernal repo for a client.

best regards,

Viewing 3 posts - 36 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.