Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Running on HDMI with explicit settings (CEA mode 1)
    Running on HDMI with preferred settings

I am using the pre-made SD card image for raspberry pi 2 and it is image 3.0 beta 2. It will kick off and take me back to the main screen for ROMS. I had to copy es_systems.cfg from the PetRock GitHub and put it in the folder manually because it didn’t come with one. i have try 2 emulators multiple times. The first was the psx emulator and i have tried .bin files with 3 games and the The NES emulator with .zip and .nes files.

I brought the roms from my old rp1 setup. I have tried every I can think of to fix it, like expanding the SD card, rebuilding from binaries, setup up the controller I use. PELASE help i am at a lost

Floob

The file es_systems.cfg is in the image, found at
    /etc/emulationstation/

so I’m not sure what you mean when you say it didnt come with one.

Are you using a 1080p TV with HDMI?

thedigi321
    Participant

i had to put es_systems.cfg in /home/pi/.emulationstation is that wrong?

and yes i am using an 1080p hdmi tv

thedigi321
    Participant

i found this in my es_log
    http://pastebin.com/7VNZBFB1

Floob

Yes, remove the es_systems.cfg that you put here /home/pi/.emulationstation

With the NES game, press X as the game starts, and choose your display type.

thedigi321
    Participant

ok so i got the same error but on the runcommand.log i got
    “RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Frontend supports RGB565 – will use that instead of XRGB1555.
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Loading /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes/Battletoads.nes…

RetroArch [WARN] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro WARN] :: FDS BIOS ROM image missing!RetroArch [WARN] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro WARN] :: An error occurred while loading the file.RetroArch [ERROR] :: load_content :: Failed to load content.”

Floob

It looks like its looking for a BIOS file, can you try a different rom?
    Or try, say, a megadrive rom?

Its odd because mine doesnt seem to need a BIOS file – maybe something to do with the rom you have.

thedigi321
    Participant

maybe but i copied my retropie folder with the bios and the roms and whatever else was in that folder so i am doing a fresh install i will tell you about it when it gets done

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.