Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

ES Scraper slow as hell,
    I’m trying to scrape my rom collection around 3800 roms on my PI 1 Model B
    it took 3 hours to scrape 100 roms, I love the way it looks when scraped but this is so slow. Is there any way I could scrape faster or scrape on my gaming pc and transfer it to my pi for faster results?

petrockblog
    Keymaster
    SomeCoolName
    Participant

The built in ES scraper is pretty unusable. I use the sselph scraper, and can easily scrape all my systems in a couple hours. That’s with complete sets of ROMs for each.

You can find the sselph scraper in the experimental menu of retropie setup. If you find that doesn’t work properly the manual method is pretty easy as well. Basically you put a copy of the scraper file in the directory for the system you are trying to scrape and set the permissions to 777 using winscp or another FTP client. Then you only have to browse to the system’s directory in the terminal, and run the following command:

sudo ./scraper -thumb_only

The scraper can be found here:

https://github.com/sselph/scraper

And there is tons of information on using it along with an excellent video by Floob, if you do a quick Google search.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, but when i do ‘/cd RetroPie-Setup and then
    sudo ./retropie_setup nothing happens so i cnanot acsess the scaper properly outside of emulation station

SomeCoolName
    Participant

The actual command to start up retropie setup from the command line is retropie_setup.sh
    However, you can access retropie setup from the GUI, by going to the Retropie menu in Emulationstation and clicking Retropie-Setup.

Anonymous
    Inactive

update I got to retropie setup, Idk how i fucked it up, BUt when I went to scrape it INSTANTLY said scraping complete, and I know its not. SO what do i Do now?

SomeCoolName
    Participant

OK. Have you chosen any systems to scrape? Are you clicking scrape all systems, or just scrape chosen systems? If you selected scrape chosen systems, did you tick any systems off?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had clicked all systems and selected just NES
    My RetroPie was doing all sorts of wonky crap encluding this, So I just updated the bianary (reinstalled without loosing roms) and it works perfectly I think, Im just scraping my collection of around 3800 roms so i will post results later

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.