Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I could be wrong, but it looks like 3 days ago there was an update to this file that has an incorrect path:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/scriptmodules/supplementary/retroarchjoyconfig.sh

This is looking for:
    retroarch-joyconfig in this dir
    opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/tools/retroarch-joyconfig

But the correct path (in RetroPie 2.3 image) is:
    /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch-joyconfig

Can this be fixed?

proxycell
    Participant

hey floob, i know that on the 2.3 image it works out like that but when compiled from source it will not

i’m unsure of what to do here as i know that a new version of retropie is on the way in the coming weeks and months. the image by itself should operate fine, are you updating binaries or something?

so when i build everything from source, it uses this “new” path

Floob

The error I get (and a few people commenting on my youtube vids) is
    – Install 2.3 image to SD card
    – apt-get update / apt-get upgrade
    – run retropie script
    – choose update script option

Then with the updated script it no longer runs the joypad script when chosen through the setup script (Setup | Configure RetroArch controller)

So the issue is when you update the retropie script to get the latest updates it prevents the configuring of usb controllers. (unless you do a full source based install)

Do you think I should just run the stock 2.3 image instead – would I be losing much /anything by not using the latest script?

proxycell
    Participant

i do not believe you will lose out much from the “update script” option as its not changing any of the emulator’s binaries. coming down the pipe there are new and updated binaries, including a libretro game gear!

i know that the scripts included with 2.3 work just fine as they are

Floob

Thanks – I’ve just tweaked retroarchjoyconfig.sh in my version now, but I’ll advise others not to update the script unless they are planning on doing a full source based update.

The new upcoming version sounds great!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.