Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

First of all, I really like RetroPie project. But I’m having some problems with EmulationStation joypad configuration. On every single startup EmulationStation asks to configure joypad and after configuration joypad works. When I start for example NES or SNES game joypad works but when I exit the game and return to EmulationStation it seems to work (EmulationStation displays normal game selection screen) but it does not respond to gamepad and I have to reboot raspberry pi to use EmulationStation. I’m not sure whether EmulationStation is just freezed or if it just has lost joypad configuration (this is what I suspect).

Emulationstation seems to create es_input.cfg (to ~/.emulationstation) but the file is empty (I also tried to delete this file but automatically created new file is also empty). My joypad (only one joypad) is quite generic cheap chinese USB SNES gamepad from ebay. Joypad works nicely in EmulationStation before I start a game and also works nicely in the game but after that joypad does not work in EmulationStation or EmulationStation just freezes.

I would really appreciate some help to solve this problem without wasting a lot of time! Thanks!

lunarkingdom
    Participant

See if this sheds any light on it:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=83317

specifically this:

Open /etc/modules :

sudo nano /etc/modules

And add the line you use to load the driver :

For single controller:

mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1

For dual controllers:

mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1,2

tune
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! In my case the problem wasn’t those lines. But by following the instructions from that link I noticed that whether it was my fault or not I had double joypad configuration lines for same joypad in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg. After deleting the other joypad configuration lines my joypad seems to work just fine. That double overlapping configuration seems to have caused the problem.

lunarkingdom
    Participant

glad my little tutorial was of some help I am a noob that has fought his way through this code and thought there should be more documentation for the procedures I went through so there you go hehehe good luck ;-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.