Viewing 5 posts - 36 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I can confirm that it works on 2.3, but you have to download the source for SDL 2.0.1 using the RetroPie-Setup script, and then replace SDL_udev.c and so forth.

Tony

I looked into this and think I have a solution that should work for all SDL2 apps (like the latest EmulationStation) without having to recompile SDL. Instead of patching SDL, you can apply a udev rule to configure the retrogame.c input device to look like a keyboard to SDL2. More details are in the comment here: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Retrogame/issues/5#issuecomment-50083508

The basic idea is to create the file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-retrogame.rules and add this line to it:

SUBSYSTEM==”input”, ATTRS{name}==”retrogame”, ENV{ID_INPUT_KEYBOARD}=”1″

Then restart the pi and run retrogame as normal. Try pressing the buttons in emulation station and it should register them as expected.

Tony

Just to clarify the configuration line from the above comment should all be on one line–this blog comment system seems to be forcing it to go on two lines. Check out the comment on github for more clear instructions: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Retrogame/issues/5#issuecomment-50083508

nbonaparte
    Participant

Sorry, but it seems like I am unable to make it work, and I’ve done all of the steps above.

EDIT: Never mind, it works! I somehow had changed the name of the input device from retrogame to something else.

deepdivered
    Participant

does tonys fix still work? i bought most the parts for my project and wanted to use gpio for input with retropie 3. after i found this post i am woundering if this fix still works or do i need to do something else like get a teensy or the controlboard sold here.

Viewing 5 posts - 36 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.