Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi everyone,

I’m having one small issue that I can’t seem to solve.

When I play a game and then exit to the emulation station menu, the play count increases (ex. from 0 plays to 1 play). And if I exit emulation station, then shut down the pi, on next boot, the play count is correct.

But…

If I shut down pi straight from emulation station (either from the menu option, or from using my mausberry circuit), when I boot it back up, the play count never saved.

I’m assuming it does this because the play counts only save upon shut down of emulation station and if you shut down the pi without doing a shut down of emulation station, it doesn’t save the changes.

So my question is: Is there anyway to set it so that emulation station saves upon exiting a game? I really don’t want to have to quit emulation station and then shut down pi every time I play. Maybe theres a way to edit the mausberry shutdown command so that it shuts down emulation station first, then the pi?

herbfargus

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/807

Its been posted as an issue on emulation station as well. As it stands the gamelist.XML only writes on a clean shutdown. I don’t know what command you would use in your script to exit emulation station first but it sounds like a simple enough idea

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.