Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

When I first boot up RetroPie, Emulation Station uses 720p mode on my TV. When I boot to KODI I have it set at 1080p mode. The thing is, when I exit KODI and it goes back to Emulation Station, it’s still in 1080p mode and the menu is in a small screen in the bottom left of my TV. How to fix this ? Emulation Station needs to set back 720p mode when exiting KODI.

windale
    Participant

Is this not fixable ?

dankcushions
    Participant

so do you want emulation station to use 1080p all the time like kodi? because i think it should do by default unless you’ve changed boot/config.txt? mine does…

windale
    Participant

I have not changed anything. Emulation Station by default (on mine) boots at 720p which is good because 1080p would be pointless and reduce performance and memory. As I said before, I have KODI set at 1080p for obvious reasons but when I exit back to Emulation Station, it’s still in 1080p mode and Emulation Station is in a 720p window in the bottom left of my TV.

rdhanded2
    Participant

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

Try there. I am not home so I can not check and see if that is where you change the emulationstation resolution or not but I know overscan and things are in there.

windale
    Participant

[quote=114380]sudo nano /boot/config.txt

Try there. I am not home so I can not check and see if that is where you change the emulationstation resolution or not but I know overscan and things are in there.

[/quote]

Thanks, I eventually figured it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.