Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am using the most recent update 3.4, but to be fair, I was having this issue during 3.3 as well.

Anyways, I have a bluetooth dongle and am properly configured via bluetooth to use my PS3 controller. It works perfectly fine, and I “map” the controls perfectly to a “T” like on this post: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

I have even done the options menu to change it to “udev” (retropie/retroarch configurations”. then “change common RetroArch options” > all/retroarch.cfg. and change “input_joypad_driver” to (udev)

So here’s the issue: In the games on the SNES and others, my left analog button becomes the “A” button, even though I clearly did not assign it as such. There’s also many many many other bizarre control changes and therefore playing games is nearly impossible.

I went to ssh into my “PLAYSTATION(R)3Controller.cfg” file and this is what it says:

input_device = “PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller”
    input_driver = “udev”
    input_r_y_plus_axis = “+3”
    input_l3_btn = “1”
    input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2”
    input_r_btn = “11”
    input_save_state_btn = “11”
    input_l2_btn = “8”
    input_start_btn = “3”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “3”
    input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1”
    input_l_btn = “10”
    input_load_state_btn = “10”
    input_up_btn = “4”
    input_r_y_minus_axis = “-3”
    input_a_btn = “13”
    input_b_btn = “14”
    input_reset_btn = “14”
    input_down_btn = “6”
    input_r2_btn = “9”
    input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0”
    input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1”
    input_r3_btn = “2”
    input_right_btn = “5”
    input_state_slot_increase_btn = “5”
    input_x_btn = “15”
    input_menu_toggle_btn = “15”
    input_select_btn = “0”
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = “0”
    input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0”
    input_y_btn = “12”
    input_left_btn = “7”
    input_state_slot_decrease_btn = “7”
    input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2”

Does anyone have any idea what is happening and how to fix this issue? Again, it works perfectly in the menus of the RetroPie. I’m totally lost as to why this is happening.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.