Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey All,

Can manage to get 2x Dualshock3 controllers working with my setup without any issues but came across something interesting following a fresh reinstall of 3.4.

The controllers can be configured easily through the normal method of connecting to the Pi by USB, allowing it a few seconds, disconnecting and pressing the PS button but what is new this time round is that the controllers appear to be lost on a hard reboot so I have to connect each device again and go through the process.

I don’t remember this being there in older versions, am I missing something here? Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Any advice/input greatly appreciated.

doogal
    Participant

Little bit of an update:

Turns out that if I rebind one of the controllers the second will then bind as normal, as if I was having to kickstart the process for sixaxis or similar.

gizmo98
    Participant

Please try “keep bluetooth scanning” fix from here:
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-a-Bluetooth-controller

I suppose your bluetooth dongle is not up after a reboot. If you connect a controller over usb a script will enable your bluetooth controller. So it is only necessary to connect “one” controller once if dongle is not enabled after boot.

doogal
    Participant

Thanks for the update, made the change to rc.local and that seems to resolve the issue on a warm reboot but it persists if I have to pull the power. Is there a config file that is run on boot where this command could be entered? Would ensure that the bluetooth starts up properly in every eventuality.

Thanks again for the info, it is workable in most cases now :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.