Dualshock 3 (PS3) not working in Emulator // Pi 2

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Dualshock 3 (PS3) not working in Emulator // Pi 2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  orochi 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

orochi
    Participant

Title says it all.

The controller isn’t picked up by EmulationStation despite being turned on. I have to reboot my RPi2, but the controller will work fine after that.

I am able to map the controls in the RetroArch controller pairing.

When I load a game – anything, through SNES9x – I get nothing. Need to ESC out, and I’m met again with a working controller within the EmulationStation frontend menus, but nothing in game.

I’ve seen this issue reported fairly widely, but I have yet to see a reply that offers any sort of fix – just “try the thing you already did” responses.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

patrickm
    Participant

did you use the retropie setup utility to configure the controller?

try this

cd RetroPie-Setup
    chmod +x retropie_setup.sh
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

go to “setup/configuration” and then “register retroarch controller”

orochi
    Participant

I did. I tried both through sudo (direct input and through putty over LAN) , as well as through the configuration utility that takes me to it from EmulationStation.

The controls work in the Doom shareware. I thought it might have been SNES9X,so I tried the other SNES emulator. When I moved the ROMs, I lost the Bluetooth configuration entirely.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.