Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys.
    I am new to the forum and new to the world of Raspberry.
    I enjoyed the help and quick responses of the participants.

My RaspB + is coming and would like to take some questions:

how work the save system? is like on the computer? something like: F5 save and F8 load?

How turn Off safely my Rasp? I can place a button “on/off” without having to use some command?

What is the best tutorial available for beginners like me?
    I wish to make a Retropie project and play mainly Final Burn (Marvel vs Capcom, generally Fighting games) SNES, MegaDrive, GameBoy.

I appreciate your attention and I look forward answer.

Roo
    Participant

If you are used to using these same emulators on different platforms, then yes, they work the same. Every emulator has it’s own hot keys for save state and load state, you just have to google what the special keys are for that particular emulator.

For a nice on/off switch, check out https://mausberry-circuits.myshopify.com/

Floob has some great tutorial videos you may want to check out:

techlibrarian
    Participant

For the on/off switch, I use the following:

I have:

plugged into the Pi and also into:

Then, in Emulation Station, press Start on the controller and then choose to shut down the Pi (instead of just exiting Emulation Station) and wait 30 seconds before using the switch to power off. When you use the switch to turn it back on, the Pi will power back up to command prompt (or to Emulation Station if you choose to have it start up automatically).

Important note: If you made any changes in Emulation Station (such as changing the name, description, etc. of a rom) you will need to choose to just quit Emulation Station and go to the command line or else it will not save the changes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.