Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Question is in the title.

I want to know if retropie requires the exact hardware on a raspberry pi, or if I can boot it from an Android Mini PC? I have the Tronsmart Vega S89-H and I want to know if I can just pop in a mini-sd card with retropie on it and then boom, my media center converts into an all in one game console on the fly.

This is what I am aiming for and since they both use ARM processors, I don’t see how it could be a problem. I just don’t want to run into some serious problems if I simply just attempt this without inquiring first.

I was hoping that if this worked, there could be a way for the system to load a boot menu for both OS’s and I can choose what I want my Tronsmart to be.

I was originally thinking about puppy arcade, but that seems limited to x86 processors for now. Retropie sounds perfect, except… does it require a shitty raspberry pi (which I have, but I just don’t want to use it for this)? I’m trying to avoid the one trick pony system clutter here.

Please advise.

Mutex
    Participant

The Retropie image is built on top of the Raspbian image and that needs a Raspberry to run on (it’s just a Debian tailored to run on a Raspberry Pi so…).
    What you can do is installing Retroarch on your device. There’s even an image in the Play store (). I don’t know if EmulationStation will compile on an android system but you shouldn’t need it since RetroArch seems to have a GUI on Android.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I dont think this will work, all the emulators have been compiled for the raspberry pi hardware.

Yes it may have an ARM processor but there’s a lot of other things going on as well.
    Sorry!

jakko36
    Participant

For android there is a nice Frontend in the google playstore. It is called “GAMESOME”. Very easy to use! even with retroarch. And it comes with his own scrapper for the roms. For Raspberry pi there is only one number one and thats retropie :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.