Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to store ROMs on a 128gb Sandisk Cruzer Blade, but I am having difficulty just getting the Pi to recognize it, so I can’t even get to the step of changing paths.

As a test, I also tried an old 2gb drive and it was immediately recognized as USB0, Retropie populated it with the ROMs directory, and I was able to modify paths to point to the folder on USB0 and run ROMs from it.

I did everything on the 128gb that I did on the 2gb drive, but it did not work. Is there something I might have missed? Thanks.

InsecureSpike
    Participant
    kevinm
    Participant

For both flash drives I formatted in Windows and created a “retropie” folder. When I inserted the 2gb stick, RetroPie recognized it and populated the “retropie” folder. I don’t think I did anything else on the RPi to format or mount. When I performed the same process with 128gb stick, RetroPie never populated the “retropie” folder. I even left it plugged in overnight. I did confirm that the disk was being recognized by the RPi. .

I went through the method described in your link and it did work. The only issue is that Windows no longer recognizes the stick, so I have to transfer the ROMs over FTP instead of just plugging it into my PC with the stored ROMs. It’ll take a little longer but I guess I should have to do it once.

Thanks for the tip!

labelwhore
    Participant

The usb stick is most likely formatted as the wrong type. vfat, fat and ntfs work in both Linux and Windows. By those instructions, it looks like it’s formatted as ext4, which windows doesn’t recognize.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.